Friday, February 4, 2011

Rick's Press Room Grill & Bar

This afternoon’s adventure landed me and the family at Rick’s Press Room Grill & Bar 130 East Idaho Street in Meridian, Idaho.
 It was not what I had expected a rather small place that could have passed as a little store much like the ones that surrounded it. I guess I had assumed that this place was going to be as big as the press it has been receiving. Featured on Guy Fieri's "Diners, Drive-ins, & Dives" this little restaurant packs a heck of a punch when it comes to taste and service. We ordered the Fried Rock Shrimp, Served with Rick's Chile, Garlic Sauce & Homemade Celery Slaw to start out with and let me tell you the Celery Slaw is to die for. My girlfriend is not a mayonnaise fan but she absolutely loved the Celery Slaw with fresh dill over the top. I ordered the Press Room Burger which is a 6 oz. fresh ground beef served with two of the following: Cheese, sun dried tomato pesto, roasted bell peppers, pepperoncini’s, and a fried egg. Yes, I got the fried egg to the amazement of my lunch party…let me tell you it was amazing. The first bite allowed the yolk to intermix with the hamburger meat and fused it together in a cheesy goodness…I am drooling just thinking about it. 
This is so yummy!!!

 I accompanied this with a Manny’s Pale Ale with the slight bitterness of the beer, the warm goodness of the hamburger made this lunch a dream.
Here's to you Ma (Marge) and Pop (Bob)

When you look around the restaurant you see many comments on the wall written in black sharpie that announced the patron’s favorite meal and complemented the salmon, the desert, or the Rueben (I am going back to try the much touted Reuben). The service was a one woman show and she did an amazing job as waitress and bartender. I would recommend this place to everyone living or passing through the great state of Idaho.
After lunch my girlfriend took me to the Brewforia Beer Market on Overland Street

where the selection of beers both foreign and domestic will make the mouth water. They have about 5 beers on tap from what I could see. The furnishings are sparse and there are only about 4 seats at the counter but that will not hinder me from making my return to try some of the beers on tap. I picked up 2 beers to enjoy at my friend Darren’s House and am letting the chill before I break open the cap on these.

So kids the moral of this story is GO TO RICK’S and after you eat you can than me for the splendid experience.
Beer to try today is the St Peter’s Golden Ale which is brewed in Suffolk, U.K. Made with traditional malts and English hops creating a distinctive golden ale with a delicate, fresh, grainy after taste.

Thank you to my photographer the lovely Cynthia!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great pics :)
    The food was yummy! I'll take your word for the beer and burger... I don't think i'm brave enough to try the fried egg in it haha

    ReplyDelete